Monday, March 18, 2013

PseudoNewb gets Ready for Playing with Revised Angel

Ok - so here's the deal - Vintage is so far out of my bailiwick that it doesn't even have telegraph machines to communicate with it.

BUT - as always the lovely people who are bonding on the internet and supporting us even when we are tilting or stumbling or navigating having the game fit into real life (for the non-pros) have pushed me into strange new places.

So here's the deal - I'm going to learn to play vintage using proxies - It might help me in my competitive space or it might just be the place where I can indulge in my love of seriously chaotic random effects,

I don't know anything about Vintagae - but I do know Heather from LegitMTG and I know what it's like to never get to play.

So if anyone who reads this knows anything about Vintage HELP!

I'm looking at two different deck lists as long as I can proxy - and Heather promised I could proxy - so I'm making all of my Proxy Power be worn by Elizabeth Taylor, because that's what should happen.  Elizabeth needs to wear ALL the Jewels.






See - I told you.

Here are the two lists I'm thinking of:

One is this List by Jan Zuskack

11 LANDS
4 City of Brass
4 Forbidden Orchard
2 Gemstone Mine
1 Tolarian Academy

2 CREATURES
2 Griselbrand

25 INSTANTS and SORCERIES
4 Duress
4 Burning Wish
4 Dark Ritual
1 Demonic Consultation
1 Timetwister
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Ponder
1 Time Walk
1 Tinker
1 Windfall
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Mind's Desire
1 Brainstorm
1 Empty the Warrens

22 OTHER SPELLS
4 Oath of Druids
2 Mox Opal
2 Chrome Mox
1 Memory Jar
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Jet
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Sol Ring
1 Black Lotus
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Pearl
1 Necropotence
1 Yawgmoth's Bargain

SIDEBOARD
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Tendrils of Agony
4 Shattering Spree
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Nature's Claim
2 Ancient Tomb
1 Thoughtseize
1 Diminishing Returns
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Show and Tell
1 Balance


And the other is this one from a Star City Games article - I might just love it because it has Maze of It, Mishra's factories and it's called esspresso



Espresso Stax
Mickey Mahr
2nd Place at Miscellaneous on 3/25/2012
Vintage







So this is what I'm thinking of this week - it might help me when I can't get to play standard - if nothing else I'll have fun making the proxies!

1 comment:

  1. (Heather) Both decks look fun. I really like the one Wheel cause you would get to play with your real cards! Also the Taylor Mox Pearl is DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete